General Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions carefully.
General Terms and Conditions
Reservations and Deposits
- We require a deposit to hold your reservation. The amount will depend on the apartment being booked.
- Payment for the reservation deposit and rent should be made via credit card, wire transfer certified check, paypal or cash. For details, please see the "How to Book" section in our web site.
- Please note that the booking won’t be confirmed until MontrealStays.com has received the booking deposit and you have received a confirmation email from MontrealStays.com.
- Once MontrealStays.com has confirmed the availability of one of its apartments, the client will have to pay the security deposit in order to guarantee the reservation.
- The rent is due on the day of arrival.
- MontrealStays.com must be notified in writing within THIRTHY (30) days of any reservation cancellation. If the guest does not respect this condition they will automatically pay a THIRTHY (30) day penalty.
- In the event that the client changes the dates of the reservation, it will be understood as a new stay and it shall be subject to the same cancellation conditions.
- It is strongly recommended that clients purchase trip cancellation insurance. Any cancellation, including circumstances beyond control, will be subject to our clear and simple cancellation policy stated herein.
- Should MontrealStays.com be unable to provide the client with the property they have booked, MontrealStays.com reserves the right to transfer them to a property of similar characteristics.
- If no agreement can be reached, both contractual parties are authorised to cancel the contract. In this case MontrealStays.com will refund to the client all monies paid (except the amount corresponding to the days that the apartment was used, if this were the case). MontrealStays.com will not be liable for further claims by the client.
The day of your arrival, the apartment will be available at 16:00 pm. If, for any reason, your arrival is earlier, please let us know in advance so we might try to accommodate you before. Please note that for arrivals later than 16:00 pm there is an extra-charge of 40$.
Guest(s) are responsible for maintaining the overall cleanliness and condition of the interior of the apartments. Upon departure, Guest(s) are expected to leave the Apartment in the same condition that was provided at arrival or be billed a minimum of $100.00 for additional cleaning costs associated with the state of the apartment such as garbage removal. Extra housekeeping charges will apply for any Apartment which requires more time than normally allocated to return the Apartment to MontrealStays.com standards.
MontrealStays.com standards: MontrealStays.com conducts a final cleaning and inspection of each apartment upon Guest(s) departure.
Registering all guests
The client will inform MontrealStays.com of the number of guests associated with the booking. Unless otherwise agreed by MontrealStays.com, only the number of persons indicated by the client when booking shall be authorised to use the apartment. The number of persons who may use the apartment may not exceed the number of persons allocated for each apartment, except for children under two years of age. Pets are only allowed where permission has specifically been granted. In the event of any infringement of the aforementioned obligations, MontrealStays.com at its sole discretion will be entitled to request the client to leave the apartment, and the client shall have no right to claim any type of compensation.
The client signing the rental agreement will be liable for the correct and decent behaviour of all the persons accompanying him/her. Should that person or any of the persons accompanying him/her not behave in a suitable and responsible way, MontrealStays.com shall be entitled to request the client and the persons accompanying him/her to leave the apartment without the right for the latter to claim any type of compensation. Please note that MontrealStays.com Terms and Conditions with regard to disturbances, loud music and parties are very clear: ALL ARE STRICTLY FORBIDDEN. Guests staying in a MontrealStays.com should know that if parties or loud music are heard, or neighbours complain and/or police are called, it can result in immediate eviction regardless of the time of day or night. This will also result in loss of prepaid rent and refundable damage deposit. Also note that by booking with MontrealStays.com you have already accepted our terms and conditions and will therefore be expected to abide by these rules.
No noise from 22.00 PM to 10.00 AM We appreciate your collaboration in this matter and hope you understand that these rules are necessary as these apartments are all situated in residential buildings and the nightly rest of other inhabitants must be respected.
MontrealStays.com shall not be liable for any direct or indirect damages that may arise as a consequence of the use of the apartment by the client, including damages, insurance, loss because of fires, robbery or criminal behaviour.
In the case of an infringement on any of the aforementioned regulations, MontrealStays.com will be entitled at its sole discretion to request the client to leave the apartment, and the client shall have no right to claim any type of compensation.
All apartment descriptions and information are supplied by the apartments featured. While MontrealStays.com will do their utmost to maintain accuracy and to check details wherever possible, MontrealStays.com cannot be held liable for any errors or omissions that may arise.
MontrealStays.com also reserves the right to change information published on the site at any time including rates, descriptions and photographs. MontrealStays.com makes no warranty or representation about the fitness or suitability of any product or service advertised on its web site.
MontrealStays.com reserves the right to update any of its terms and conditions at any time, as may be required by the company's business policies. Emphasis is placed on all parties using the site, to undertake adequate measures to ensure that they read the terms and conditions on a regular basis. By agreeing to use this site, it is implied that any such changes are accepted by any such third party and, that any such third party agrees to comply with any such changes.
These terms do not affect consumer statutory rights.
MontrealStays.com House Rules - Please Read Carefully
As a client, you are expected to respect the house rules that pertain to the apartment and the community it belongs to. The apartment may not be used as a party space but that of sleeping, eating, relaxing, etc. Please read the house rules thoroughly in order to avoid any problems. Our main objective is for the client to have a good experience in Montreal. 1. Please don't smoke in the apartment. Smoking is permitted on the terrace, if there is one, or outside. Please do not throw cigarette butts down into the street or patios.
2. Please respect our neighbours – Most tenants are working people who need to get up early and go to work every day so please respect the noise levels in the stairwells as well as in the apartments. Parties are not allowed.
Monday - Friday 22.00 to 9.00
Saturday - Sunday 24.00 to 10.00
3. Please turn off the air-conditioning or lights if you leave the apartment to respect the environment and to conserve energy.
4. Tourist tip: please lock the doors securely behind you and only take what you need with you for the day.
5. Please do not leave the garbage in the apartment when you check out. All our apartment complexes have garbage chutes; please contact Montrealstays.com to find out where yours is.
6. Please note that check out time is 10:00 am, giving us ample time to clean the apartment for the arrival of our next guests. Let us know in advance if you need a later check out time.
MontrealStays.com is a domain name owned by Vladimir de Suarez inc. that has been registered with the Montreal Business Registrar with business domicile in 3654 St Laurent Boulevard, Montreal Qc, H2X 2V4, Canada.